View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Favorite ignorances

I agree with many of your choices. 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, and 11 are all things my life can gladly do without.

I agree completely with football - I'm not American, but we get it on cable TV here sometimes, and... it's just sooo boring. Stop start stop start stop start. I don't get what's so fascinating about spending 4 - 5 hours watching a game with 1 hour of actual scheduled game time (is that right? if not, that proves my ignorance further [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), and I don't care to either.

As for Rap / Pop, I'm blisfully ignorant of these. My music collection consists of classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal and some alternative stuff. I have only one album that's been released since 2000 (Fallen). I've no desire to expand my musical tastes.

Here's another one: Fishing. I have a friend who loves fishing. I've never been fishing, but for me, I can't possibly imagine anything that could be so excrutiatingly dull. You sit on your ass for what, 6? 7? 10 hours? Hoping for a brief moment of excitement every couple of hours when a fish nibbles at your line. I just cannot think of a more boring way to spend half a day. I have absolutely no interest in ever trying this.