View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 PM

Default \"Bluffing\" when the nuts are on board (lc, but some value)

UTG has dropped like 3 buyins doing completely retarded crap. Witness the UTG post, for example...

I had been running super hot and the blinds had been getting out of my way. I am aware that isolating w/22 is not standard. I am also aware that betting the turn is not standard, but against this doof who very well may have called the flop with literally any 2, I thought my turn bet was very likely for value, and planned to fold to a raise and take a free showdown. This situation was very unique to this one player.

This may seem like low content, but it isn't, imo. I've had people criticize me for betting boards like this before... this is an exmple of why I do it. After all, you can't win by checking.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $30.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB