View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Favorite ignorances

[ QUOTE ]

12. Fixing stuff. I could learn more about working on cars or fixing plumbing or such -- but I don't want to. I hate paying people to do it for me, but not as much as I hate learning it, and doing it, myself. I can change my oil and my filters in my car, and handle my tires; that's good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fine not to know everything about cars as long as you know the basics and can fix a flat tire. Its also very good to be able to fix stuff around the house. Yes this is coming from the guy that couldn't figure out how to hang a wall clock (I didn't see the damn hole in the back, and anyway a nail didn't hold it).

I agree about Faulkner and a lot of other writers. I just can't stomach it. I hate others a lot more than Faulkner though. Pretty much anybody that wrote in the Victorian era. I don't get all of the nuances of the writing and I don't want to. I don't want to know that Fagan's gang in Oliver Twist also work as child prostitutes. (HAHA! FAGan's gang!!!! GET IT???) I also can't read Jane Eyre or Pride and Prejudice or anything like that

As for football, you don't have to be intelligent about it to appreciate it. You just have to be a man.

The ballet: [censored] it

Opera: I am ignorant about this too but I still like to hear it every now and then. And besides, other languages are very nice to hear when sung properly.

Female sports: [censored] em

Celebrities: [censored] em

feminism : [censored] it

feminazis : double [censored] it

presidents dog: cool with me

religious occasions: really more about getting together with your loved ones than the the actual religious crap. At least, that's whwy I've come to appreciate them even though i'm atheist
I will add my own and that is baseball. The most boring sport there is until playoff time. The season's way too long and the game lacks strategy. Definitely my least favorite sport of the major american ones.

PS great post