View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: How Volatile is Party 2/4 Hold\'EM

I would suggest you buy Middle Limit Holdem Poker by Ciaffone and Brier. I think it is the best limit holdem book available. Middle limit holdem gives excellent advice how to handle pots were there are mainly somehow decent players in the pot.

I live in Europe and play usually around 11 am - 4 pm EST and I face great many regulars.

In the U.S daytime in good Party 2/4 $ table there is usually only 2-3 really bad players in the table, sometimes only 1-2. Rest of the bunch have some idea about the game and you need fighting skills to win extra pots against typical Party 2/4 $ player.

Almost all of your profits comes from poor players, but you cannot afford to loose money (after rake) to regulars if you want to be successful.

Only playing full ring it is hard to develop toughness needed to handle heads up and 3 handed pots against TAGs. If you want to improve limit your holdem, short-handed play is good practice. In short-handed tables you can learn to fight hard every chip and not to lose iniative too easily. For example in Crypto and Pokerstars you can find pretty soft short-handed 2/4 $ games. Cryptos offer nice monthly bonuses too.