View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Knicks get Eddy Curry

I think it's tough to judge. Yes, on paper our roster is a lot stronger than it was before Isiah took over, and certainly worth more attention. On the other hand, he has made some pretty terrible deals, and killed our cap space (even more than before) giving out absurd contracts like candy. What it boils down to, I think, is that Zeke understands what New York sports is all about. We want to be a contendor NOW, we want to be worth watching NOW, we will not idly support a lackluster team while it rebuilds the right way. I think there was an enormous amount of pressure for Zeke to make the franchise do a 180 immediately. So he's been in rush mode ever since he took over, and what we have now is a salary cap disaster, but a team which seems to be on the cusp of a playoff berth after only two years of wild deals. I'm not sure but I think the fact that Isiah was prematurely ousted from his old job before he got a chance to fully develop his young players may be contributing to some of the hysterical panic mode deals he's made.