View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: How Volatile is Party 2/4 Hold\'EM

Thanks for the replies. Would it make any difference if I said that within the first 1000 hands I was up 225 BB and now have swung to being down 100 BB. Basically a downswing of 325BB in 5000 hands.

I feel my preflop play is solid. I use the info in SSHE as a strict guideline. I believe my post flop play is definently a weakness, but that will improve with reading and applying what I have read. I think within the first couple thousand hands I was calling down a little too much. I have tightened since then with a little aggression in the mix.

I feel I have definitely played better poker in the last 4000 hands, but have lost 300+BB in that time.

I have experienced big swings in blackjack, but have the experience to know that I am playing a winning game and it just comes with the territory. I need this confidence in poker. Large losses happen in blackjack, and I am hardened by them, they don't tilt me in blackjack and I believe they don't tilt me in poker. It sounds like I am just experiencing a bad downswing although my game does need to improve.

Thanks, any more input is welcomed.
-Shaggy