View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Was Villain Right?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The way to do this is to say againt TT-KK I have 7 outs. Against Big unpaired aces I have 7 outs because if I pair my kicker I'm good

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this leaves us in an interesting position if we hit an Ace, or particularly a 6, and are bet into.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we really paying off the river with a 6?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, I'm just saying, if he has a big A we're screwed if we hit the A, if he has pockets we are screwed if we hit the 6. I personally don't pay off a 6, no. I just though it was more interesting because of how often people will bet overcards UI and optimal bluffing frequency and all that theoretical stuff

EDIT: I'll elaborate. are we paying off a river 6? if we are not, then we need to factor in 0 outs versus the big cards, and we lose a bet when we river an ace and he bets it. if we are, then we need to factor in that we have 3 outs on the river (which may be worth 0 or 1 bets depending on how he plays the river, and how we respond), and we lose a bet when he bets his overpair. so our EV there, IF we choose to count the 6s as outs ever, is dependant on how often he'll bet the river UI with overcards. personally I just don't count the 6s as outs