View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Once I\'m in the money, I slow way down.....

Well, you do have to realize that most players will open up their games right after making the money. This is especially true with the short stacks.

If you have a mid stack at this point, it makes it very difficult to play when everybody is pushing all in. If you have a big stack, then you can wait even longer to pick your spots.

I wouldn't go too crazy here, since people will be much more willing to gamble with you.

Let's be realistic: You need cards to make it to the final table. It's almost impossible to steal your way to the FT, and you will have to win some major confrontations to have a chance (and most likely once as an underdog, no matter how good you are). Of course, there is a fine line between accumulating chips and preserving chips. You need to pick your spots, and make the most out of them.

Reading the players at the table is very important (as it is in the rest of the tournament). Who is trying to sneak their way up the pay ladder? Who is gambling it up? What is your table image? There are so many factors which dictate how you should play any given hand. Knowing this information should allow you to pick your fights, and have the best chance of accumulating chips.

Also, be sure to win your coin flips.

Best of luck.