View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: How do you establish a loose image?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One trick I use is that I pick a hand, say 78s, and play it like AA all night. It helps me develop my post flop skills and it adds a bit of deception to my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a similar problem to the OP, but this doesn't sound right to me. Shouldn't position and other players come into play when you decide to 'run' a hand, rather than the cards you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what you are trying to accomplish. If you are sitting at the $25NL table, then I agree this is a poor play. I usually will pull this strategy out after my 3bb raises with KK and AA are folded around. That indicates I need to loosen my starting hands and/or my table image (or leave the table.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, I find at the $100 and $200 tables, some people are paying attention, so sometimes you need to do something that makes you appear unpredictable to help your big hands get paid.

Again, the OP asked how can you appear to be a loose player when that is not the style you normally play. Playing a random, yet playable hand like 87s makes it look like you are gambooling it up and will rid you of a rock image. It will also help your post flop playing and opponent reading skills.

Position and table doesn't matter to OP's situation, he wants to appear much looser than he is in reality.

To answer your question, playing suited connectors on the button in multi-way pots or raising with them to steal blinds are sound TAG strategies. Also, if the table is TAGgy, then you should play (and raise) a wider variety of hands.

My post was geared toward a meta game and not a donkfest (where deception only costs you $$$). Table selection is key when you are considering attempting this.