View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Busting your friends (duplicate from Poker theory forum)?

Funny story, a couple months ago I played a $60 buyin tourney at the Sahara with my two friends. We all ended up at the same table. I caught incredible cards the whole tourney (among other hands, made quads twice within 4 hands early on, taking a player out each time). With 13 players left, my friends were also still in it, but just barely. 11 make the final table and are in the money. I remember saying something to my two friends like, "Come on, guys. Hang on, you're almost there." This prompted a response by a player to the effect that he did not know nor approve of the fact that the three of us knew each other. The guy even half jokingly called over to the tourney director to ask if he knew about this.
Of course, on the next hand, under the gun my first friend goes all in, and then my other friend goes all in. I look down at the button to see a couple red aces.
Needless to say, it was a very uncomfortable ride back to the hotel, but just as someone else recommended, I treated them to booze and lapdances later on, so it was all good.