View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 AM

Default ITM from Bubble %

I recently saw some discussion in a thread about the ITM from Bubble %, but I can't find that thread now and I think it was a derailment from the original topic anyway.

Anyway, most people were saying they were below the 75% average, which I guess should not be that surprising considering how aggressive the 2+2 bubble style is. But over my last 88 bubbles--that is, ever since I started reading this forum and bought SNGPT and I think started playing aggressively on the bubble--I have made the money 85% from the bubble. This statistic has barely changed throughout that time. So while those ~200 tournaments is a very small sample for ROI, I'm not sure it's that small for bubble +/- (is it for ITM?)

Is this a sign of a problem with my game, or should I ignore it? My most frequent finish is 5th, followed closely by 1st (which sometimes surpasses it), and I rarely finish 4th (obviously). It could mean nothing--maybe I just play aggressively enough 5-handed that when someone has a too-wide calling range I either bust before the bubble or have a pretty large stack on the bubble. But I would be interested to know what a normal ITM from bubble % is, and possibly how often people finish 5th to see if there is a relationship with the ITM from bubble % there.