View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Limping QQ under the gun

[ QUOTE ]
limping QQ utg in full ring is fine. often times if you are equal or not as good as the people behind you postflop, its not such a bad idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi amoeba,

The thing is, I believe I play better postflop than the whole table, or close to it. I am not limping it for that reason.

It is mostly because I feel most of my profit comes from hands where I'm in position, so I tend to play squeaky tight out of position. I also tend to play passively out of position to exploit most of my opponents' overaggressive auto-betting tendencies and the like.

In other words, I feel that my postflop edge is *bigger* when I limp preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
having a raised pot thats called say 5 way, where you have to almost autobet any flop where you have an overpair sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is part of the reason.

You could make the argument that I don't *have* to autobet any flop, but then it's not much different from playing it like I do. You just miss out on perhaps a few bb's at most of equity. I'm sure those will be more than made up for by the deception you get on a big pot-sized turn/river bet when you hit a favorable flop.

[ QUOTE ]
do what makes sense to you.

Theres nothing crazy or controversial about limping QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
While I appreciate this statement, I do not pretend that I am perfect at this game. I bring this up solely to analyze it and evaluate whether what I am doing actually does have the highest EV.

Thanks for the reply,
Aseem