View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Understanding Sharia

[ QUOTE ]
Makes a very strong case to my assertion that the only way to deal effectively with Islamists is to KILL every single one of them.

Alternatively, you could take over every single oil field in the world controlled by an Islamic state. This would effectively turn their economy back into the third world cess pool it deserves to be.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been accused of being a peacenik, but your options would lead, IMO, to WWIII. I say that because it would spawn some coalitions we don't think about and usually wouldn't fear. Coalitions of not nice people who have access to one helluva lot of combined firepower. In their glee, they'd flex all their normally weeny muscles and try to pile on - us.

The terrorist attacks would get really, really nasty. 9/11 would serve as their benchmark. We, the US, don't have a totally safe homeland. We never will. It's just not possible. We have vulnerable, concentrated points of attack in our oil and petrochemical industries, for example, that, if attacked by even small forces, would put our economy in turmoil.

I don't think we have the capability to take over the oil producing countries you're talking about. We don't have the manpower and forget a draft. That's a concept that probably couldn't pass muster, short of an all out frontal attack on our soil. In that case I think even Cindy Sheehan would jump on board.

Killing all the radicals is an option. And doable - to a point. Problem 1) How do we, with high degree of certainty, identity them? Problem 2) How do we isolate them? Get them in the Kill Zone? Problem 3) To what degree will these kills generate their possible replacements? Problem 4) Since this must be done entirely by coverts, how do we keep a lid on everything? The logistics are off the charts. The necessary secrecy is, IMO still, not possible.

You seem sincere. I'm trusting you are in reality as ExSubmariner. I'm not slamming your post. I enjoy freeflow discussion. More discussion is encouraged.

Ex USAF weenie

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]