View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: An Introduction and a question

Welcome. You've almost created a mini-FAQ in this thread.

Most have answered a lot of your questions, but here are a couple from my POV.

Party is extremely profitable for a good player. It may not be for a mediocre player, and certainly NOT for a bad player. That's why so many good players make so much money. I'm not suggesting you're bad or mediocre, but experience counts more than you realize. I'm barely hanging on when I multi-table. I have a pretty good ROI when I play one at a time. It takes time and experience to play these, esp at Party with no margin for error. The more you can do without having to think about it, the better off you'll be, esp when playing more than one table. Maybe somebody else can explain this in fewer words?

No reason to keep it a secret. The secret is you have to work at it...really, really hard. Most people like the easy way. They depend on luck. They'll never learn "the secret." (And the more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.)

Your acct name is cool and apropos. There is more Zen in poker than most people realize.

Read the FAQ at the top. If you can get through that and absorb everything in it, you won't have to ask if you're a winning player. You'll know it.

Best wishes, one former USAFer to another. (I didn't retire. We had reads on each other early on.)

CJ