Thread: KK Confusion
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: KK Confusion

Sup dude...

Take a look at the digest for the hand I posted "Odd KK Hand Against Hobbsman-Foxwoods 20/40"... it has some interesting similarities that you might like to look at.

Basically, I found myself in a similar position as you did on the flop, having to call two cold on the flop after raising with a KK overpair.

In your situation, I think betting the turn is probably better than checking. You have a big draw now which is going to be a good a high percentage of the time. You may well be beating UTG+1, who seems likely to have JJ, QQ, KK (against which you're free-rolling) or AA; against the range you seem to be in pretty good shape. I doubt MP3 would cap here and check with a made flush; you'll get check-raised sometimes here by a flush, but not often, and you have outs and may be against two opponents (providing decent "pot-padding") if you do. Betting the turn may keep you out of the difficult position of potentially having to overcall the river.

Checking here is certainly not bad, in my opinion, though I think betting is a little better. They are very close, and I'd like to here an argument for why checking is much better.