View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 PM

Default RIVER AND RESULTS

Hand 1: Thanks for all the terrific replies and advice. You're right, Rick, the 20 game at Commerce is a heck of a lot better than the 15 game at Hawaiian Gardens. I don't like the way I played this hand. However, I had to either make him lay down his hand on the turn (JJ, TT, AK, AQ, or find out if he's capable of mucking even bigger) or dump it on the flop.

TURN: Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I raise. He gives a big sigh and calls. Ah, crap!

RIVER: rag

He checks and I check behind. He shows K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and my hand is no good.

Hand 2: I thought my turn raise may have been a bit overaggressive, but since it was headsup AND I had the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I knew he couldn't go over the top of me. He was certainly a decent player, and with the "untightness" of the table, he would have capped it preflop with AA or KK to get the money in rather than fool around. I am only behind to Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which seemed very reasonable. I was going to check the river unimproved.

TURN: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet. Limper folds. SB check-raises, I 3-bet, SB calls.

RIVER: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB angrily checks, I bet, he calls.

I show my nutflush and he shows his neighbor his cards and throws his cards into the muck...very pissed at me. I'm sensing Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I wanted to see his cards, but was not about to be a prick about it.