Thread: end game
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 09:02 AM

Default end game

$80-160 at Bay101. The game was four-handed when I got there. Here's how the lineup looked, players A, B, C, D.

Player A does not play against player C. By that I mean 1) Player A and C chop the blinds, even shorthanded. 2) Anytime a pot comes down to just the two of them, they check it out. 3) Everyone knows about 1 and 2 and nobody cares, and if they do, too bad.

Player D just lost a big pot to player B. Player D looked like someone at the wrong end of a sacrifice. He had two stacks of chips and I read him for no rebuy. Player B had about a rack now, after winning that pot. Players A and C had about four racks each and they were giving up nothing. Player B had lots of chatter and gamble at the moment. (One of things he sometimes mentions during his chatters when I'm there is that I fold the blinds a lot and that I'm easy to bluff out.)

I sat to the right of player A and I took the big blind. An hour later, player D was gone, and player B's stack was five big bets, with two hands to go.

I took the big blind. Player A folded. Player B had the button. He "never" openlimps on the button, but he did this time, and because of his fatigue, his almost-raise-but-just-call was so transparent that Player C, in the small blind, let out a rare HA! laugh while he called two chips. I checked in the big blind with Q-10. Three players to the flop with me second.

The flop came 10-9-4. The small blind checked, I checked, the button bet, the small blind called, and I folded. The turn was a four. The small blind checked, the button bet, the small blind checkraised, and the button called, severely flustered. The river was a blank. The small blind bet and the button called. The small blind showed king-four (sooted) for trip fours. The button showed pocket aces.

The next hand, I was in the small blind, player A had the big blind, and player B raised, all-in for two bets, before the cards were dealt. Player C folded on the button. I reraised with A2. The big blind folded. We ran the board out and my ace-high was good. Player B stood and walked. Game over. Of course the main thought going through my mind when the floorman dumped a dozen empty racks onto the table was damn, it's my button.

Tommy