View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Can\'t understand why I don\'t do well online (long)

[ QUOTE ]
how can you not get rewarded for proper play?

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to strongly consider the likelihood that your game has leaks and that you could be playing better.

just assuming that you KNOW you are playing well...but it's the suck-outs and the beats and the crazy cards that are beating you is denying reality.

Of course it's possible that you are just in a lousy losing streak. It happens.
Losing for 10k or more hands is VERY common (both online AND live).

You don't seem to have as much of a concept of the 'long run' as you should.
Perhaps you THINK you understand the long-run...but there are many things you have said in your posts that indicate that you clearly don't.

If you can't beat the .25/.50 games online then I'm reluctant to believe that yo are just in a losing-streak.
Your game almost definitely has leaks.
And you seem extremely reluctant to acknowledge that you really aren't playing that well.

Look at the facts:
You are playing low-stakes against primarily bad-players.
You are losing.

Blaming the cards is just avoidance imo.
Take some responsibility. Try to improve your game.

Consider posting a hand or two in the micro-limit forum and I suspect you will quickly find out that you didn't know NEARLY as much about poker as you thought you did.

Sorry to be a bit harsh...but your post and the ideas contained are fairly common.
We've seen it several times.
Basically it boils down to saying "I can't even beat the low-limit losers online. I know that I'M not the problem. Therefore, since I know the problem isn't the way I play it MUST be.... (this, that or the other thing)."