View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Opinions needed on enlisting after college

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
An E9 with 20 years time in service has a base salary of $4575 a month. An O3 with 6 years makes $4367. Now please tell me that a BDE CSM does less work than a battery commander and this pay is fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the details about either one of those jobs, all I know is that commissioned officer pay wasn't enough for me to even think about going that route. If my only options were stay enlisted or take a commission, I would still be an E-4 right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brigade ~ 1800-2000 soldiers
Battery ~ 90-120 soldiers

It's just BS that a soldier dedicates his whole life to the Army, achieves a high rank and some shithead with a college degree makes more money doing less work.

[/ QUOTE ]

A CSM role is primarily ADVISORY in nature. He gives his thoughts/opinions to the Commander (especially concerning enlisted issues).

A Commander COMMANDS and is the one ultimately responsible for what the health, morale, training, welfare of his men and the care and maintenance of his property.

Pointing out random dipsh*t officers you've worked with doesn't strengthen your argument in the least. A couple guys negligent in their duties and not honoring their commissioning oath does not translate to that responsibility not being there to begin with.

If you're still not understanding this, I'll try another analogy: A CEO must make more money than an assembly line worker. Do you see why?