View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

I would probably be checkraising the flop.

I know a lot of minraising hands are now ahead of you yadda yadda, but the turn is definitely not going to do anything but put you out of position facing another bet now knowing where you're at, and maybe even facing an A or K turn card as well. I mean there is nothing that can happen on the turn (if you check/call the flop) that gives you a better idea of how to play this hand.

I'd repop the flop to 800 ish. Whatever stupid minraise-footsy game he's playing is going to end, and he's going to start playing his cards and showing you their value.

I feel like if you lead the flop for anything reasonable he's likely to minraise you and leave you guessing again. I dont hate leading and reraising a minraise, since I really like my odds of being ahead here, but I think a checkraise, even though it defines your hand, makes him define his and keeps you out of greater trouble in this already vulnerable situation.

If you called the flop I'd be checkraising or leading the turn. I definitely hate betting the river since you're effectively blufffing. OK you ran into the one guy in 20 who's playing 77 and calling you, but I don't think that's what you were aiming for when you bet.

Weird hand, I agree. One of those times where you gotta just represent your cards. He's highly unlikely to be the type to be able to read them properly anyway.

Everett