View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Positive EV or Bad Poker

if your going to go for that type of draw the circumstances need to be perfect. like last night im in the SB with a Ax suited 6-7 limper then the BB raises. Flop is 3 low cards with one of my suit. BB bets and some call but dont raise then you can go for it for 2 reasons. one is you have position on the raiser and 2 is you have odds. say I was after the BB in that hand and he leads on the flop with people behind me then you cant make that call.. in case your interested i did catch my suit on the turn and the BB bet again and i had much better than 5-1 to see the river which hit my flush. the flop bet i got 15-1 odds the turn i got(30 $ in the pot vs 2 to call) then i got 12-1 on the river(46$ in the pot vs 4 to call) the river hit my flush and i got 4 extra big bets to boot. but you have to be perfec in your relation to the bettor to go for this type of hand. say i was UTG in this hand and after the flop the BB bet then what. if i call i could get raised behind me and then i have to but in 2 small bets and my odds go down.