View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Stars 500k QQ hand.. ummm

what was the player like???? was he a solid player? had he reraised anyone prior to this? standard reraising hands.... AA,KK,QQ u can discount this one prob,AK, and JJ maybe. It's early in the tournament you have 90 invested in the hand, you know your up against a good hand. Your not losing a lot of value folding here. Especially since its early in the tournament nobody is gonna mess around with shady hands like medium pairs etc... UNLESS he comes off as a maniac which it sounds like he isn't. My play would be fold pre-flop since your in no need to make a move and can pick a better spot later on. However, when the flop brings a T and a J (now even TT beats you) your only ahead of AK. So i would have folded here probably just because you won't get someone to fold KK or AA and certainly not JJ or TT and your only a 2 to 1 favorite against AK. I like the idea of leading the turn because you could prob get AK to fold and all the other hands would raise. However, I wouldn't want to commit that many chips for a situation like this and thats why I like folding pre-flop. And definitely on the flop if you do decide to call hoping to flop a set (not to flop an overpair).