View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:43 PM

Default Re: $55... It reeks of check raise in here

Check raised with what

I was thinking AA, KK, or AK. While I wouldn't likely play any of those hands like that, I can see alot of people doing it. It's actually a really good flop for AA and the like and I wouldn't be terrified to give a free card. Again I wouldn't do it, but I think lots would. We can pretty much discount KK. But getting check raised isn't the only reason for checking the flop.

I also checked because I think this is the best way to get money out of QQ and JJ. I have the A of spades so there is pretty much not a single draw out.

I guess the crux of my thinking is that this guy is a sane UTG raiser. He has a good hand here. What one of those hands is it a good idea to bet against on the flop? (by the way I'm not saying someone can't prove me wrong, I'm just saying that's where I'm coming from)

I've sort of applied the same logic to the turn, because the situation hasn't really changed all that much... except that he's now checked twice, which kind of does change the situation. I think the turn is much closer, but I don't think it's an autobet.

Just to respond to the issue of raising this river, I think it gets called very rarely by hands I beat, and while it is pushed over or called rarely by hands that beat me, I think this is way more often than the former scenario.