View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Fold top pair nines to TAG\'s turn raise? Prty 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
Looks to me like you're beaten here. Your best bet is probably folding, bc I would imagine you're behind to some type of two pair. Not sure if the math warrants taking one off or not. If you think he has something like bottom two or middle two a call is in order to try and suck out, but I think you have to fold the river UI, however if he has 89 95 you're in trouble. Not sure what the math needs to be to warrant taking one off here. Maybe someone can whip it up real quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is tight, there is no way he is playing 52 or 85. If he has 2 pair, it's 89, against which I have 3 outs and have to fold. Other likely hands are, I think, a set of 5's (though not too likely he'd limp fives first in from mid), 9's, possibly 8's (though less likely given flop action), an over pair (what it felt like to me ... he doesn't raise a lot preflop, so limping TT or JJ would fit, as well as AA or maybe KK going for a limp reraise). Hands I beat that he could have, I dunno, possibly a suited 9 like T9 he was overplaying? Maybe overplaying A5s w/ flush draw and middle pair?

B.