Thread: SB 99
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 02:09 PM

Default Re: SB 99

[ QUOTE ]

Then the question I have arose. Should I have raised pre-flop with the 9's in the SB. WLLHE say you can from the BB and SB but the last time I raised 9-9 from BB the flop came T-9-r. I hit my set, bet every street and lost to a overset of T's, who called till the river and then raised me.What is proper here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a game like this I probably wouldn't raise with 99 in the blind (I would on the button) and attempt to make money post flop. But I think Lee's advice is fine as long as you play 99 well post flop. You shouldn't allow past catastrophes drive your decision process. Flopping set over set is just going to be painful. Such is life. It also doesn't happen frequently in HE.

I would bet every street into a loose passive crowd. They are going to call you drawing thin or dead. If you got some information that the person directly after you was going to raise then you can check to trap the whole field for another bet, but you don't want to have any/many people calling two cold and thus possible driveing them off their slim hands.