View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Re: When do you start second-guessing?

82 BB is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not that big a deal in terms of variance. Your swings take longer in B&M play since you can't multi-table and the hand rate is lower so the swings hurt more psychologically - it can seem like you've been losing forever.

[ QUOTE ]

...when do you guys start to think about doing a serious review and overhaul of your game?

[/ QUOTE ]

As frequently as I have time. You should always be working on your game. Not just when you're in a downswing. There is always room for improvement.

I notice you compare your online experience with your B&M experience a fair amount. In my experience they are very different animals and your game should be focused very differently. My B&M games are much looser and less aggressive. They require an entirely different overall strategy to beat optimally than what I would use in pretty much any online game, even $.50/$1. Unsuited cards are worth a lot less, even hands like AJo and little pairs and connectors are much better than in my online games. Pots are frequently very large on the turn - some of these bad beats may be much closer to correct play (after the flop) than you would think.

Much of your downswing could very well be variance, but even if it is I'm sure your game could use some work. I know mine could. So tell us about your B&M sessions. Are you playing $3/$6 I presume? What's the rake? How many people see the flop? What about if it is raised? Etc. etc.