View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Default Re: Schneids Post on Taking Shots

Yeah, i agree that it's better to take shots when you have less expenses etc... Of course this doesn't mean just because your role is inflated, you should take shots. (which i know is not what you were suggesting)

The key thing is to indentify the point of diminishing returns for you, and when it becomes not worth it. For Schneids, he thinks he can make significantly more money in the 300-600 game. For many 100-200 players, they would not only make less money at the 300-600 level, they would actually be losers.

It would seem that most of the best players in these forums took shots like this, but it's also important to remember that their sucess can largely be attributed to the fact that they are better players than we are. I don't know if Schneids or James when they were playing 30-60 were significantly better than the best players now, or if they just continued to improve as they moved up. In any event, everyone agree's that people who have the discipline to move down if a shot does not work out should take some from time to time.

Gabe