View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: FPP re-buy super to $500,000 guaranteed after break

You're right, you are most likely not ahead here right now, but a bet could get an AQ, AJ, or maybe even a JT or T9 to fold.

And I say that it represents AK because if he checked with a ten hand and you check behind, he is going to assume that you don't have a king, while a bet might force him off his hand right there. I just think that there are alot of weak players who call preflop too often, and are willing to check fold middle pair.

And yes, a check raise with nothing could happen, I've seen that happen alot, against an average player, I doubt they would check raise with AT, JT, or JJ. QQ he might have been more likely to reraise preflop, but I have seen people play that weakly before. If he goes for the check raise, I would assume either AK, or KT.

This is all under the assumption that he is a loose player preflop, and feels obligated to call with a random hand on his blinds, since he is already in the pot. Not saying that he isn't the type of player to CR with one of those other hands you mentioned, just that I think he is unlikely to be the type of player that would.

Did you have reads of him being aggressive before these 2 hands that you mentioned?

BTW, thanks for replying, I like these discussions, helps me think more, and helps my game more. I admit from reading your previous posts that you are a more thinking player than I am, so I appreciate these questions.