Thread: JJ vs 789TT
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 05:46 AM

Default Re: JJ vs 789TT

[ QUOTE ]

"Weak-tight" is, obviously, shorthand. I can't think of any good examples of Villain's play, so i can't really convey a complete read to you. He definitely wouldn't have called with 69o, but it's not impossible he could have been playing something else with a 6 (66/56/A6) in it.

Out of curiosity (and because my read is so vague), does your answer change if Villain is instead an unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

My definition of a weak-tight player is that of someone who is only going to raise a hand that he is almost sure to win. Now, he could be raising you with a six. How could he put you on a pair of Jacks and see you walking into a straight on this board? But we're only putting him on a possible straight.

Why can't we put villian on 77? These types of hands are classic weak-tight postflop play. Call the preflop raise with the PP and call down to the river thinking Hero has overcards.

I simply don't think that Reraising this player is +EV. With the range of raising hands for this type of player I can't see us being profitable by popping this river again.

To reraise this river I'd need to be playing against a total fish, or a complete maniac. But I don't even see how this play would be +EV. I'd need to look at it longer but I'm still saying just call.