View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: What to do about tilt

I realize after just about every session online I play, I know at times I go on "tilt" and I can sense it, but I still can't help myself to pushing harder, and making decisions quicker (usually when I'm in the lead or calling to hit a draw). I can tell I'm tilting and lately I've been trying to tell myself that if I keep playing with the right mindset, you will be a winner in the long run. Getting put on tilt is the quickest and worst way you could start dropping your bankroll.

Next time you get a bad beat put on you, think of how you can play your next hand better so either A, the same thing doesn't happen to you again, or you look in reverse and see why people are calling your bets, or raising you. Understanding your oponents sometimes from their perspective is all the key you need. If your pushing pots when your flopping good pairs with good kickers and you realize your still losing, if they're raising you, it's sometimes realizing that the key to winning in the long run is not making good plays or calls, but better folds yet. I've realized this in the past but just today I've trully experienced the hard way of making good folds. I had a friend begin to teach me the basics of Pot Limit Omaha tonite and BOY what a game that could be to your bankroll! Let me remind you, flopping bottom set is NOT a good thing, perhaps maybe if your only going against 1-2 others in a pot, but when your facing 5-6 people in a hand, most likely Bottom set WILL lose and you have to learn to fold good hands in Omaha. I now believe this same rule applies to Holdem and I try to keep myself from going on tilt by thinking of how I can avoid it before it even happens.