View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Rich Dad Poor Dad

[ QUOTE ]
Buy assets that appreciate, don't spend your money on depreciating assets. Don't just live for the moment. Let your money work for you. Invest in real estate or stocks or IRAs and 401ks. Study accounting and law.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty true

tho you forgot to add corporations into this mix...

perhaps the reason the book helped me so much is because prior to reading it i did not see these things at all...like the millionaire next door, this book helped me to grasp the idea of 'living below your means' and that every guy you see driving a BMW is not necessarily rich...and that having nice things and being in debt is way worse than having not so nice things and having massive wealth on paper

these things were not preached to me growing up...the idea of setting up a corporation to avoid paying taxes, or at least significantly reducing my taxes...was not one i knew about

but yes...the book basically says to be cheap, pay yourself first, invest wisely, do not spend your hard earned money on homes and cars, but instead to spend it on assetts that you can then buy homes and cars with