View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Fear of multitabling

[ QUOTE ]
Have been committed to .25/.50 for a long time, and now it's almost exclusively .50/1.00. Cracked $200 earlier this week, and I would rate myself a pretty decent player. Definitely have leaks, but I'm happy with the 4.5 BB/hr I'm getting.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have been on a hot streak over a very small number of hands. You will not average 4.5 BB/hour (6 BB/100?) as you keep playing. No one does that even in much softer games on Party.

Be prepared to move down if you start losing. Otherwise, you are not properly bankrolled for $0.50-$1.

Make sure you are clearing bonus dollars.

[ QUOTE ]
I have an extreme fear of multitabling. With my ability, I think I should be able to handle it, but I feel like I can't concentrate on one game and really grasp what the other players are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound overconfident, and you may be concentrating on the wrong things. These games can be crushed with no reads at all.

I recommend playing in UB's numerous freerolls at the same time as you play one ring game. Obviously, you should pay more attention to the ring game, but this wil be useful practice.

By the way, multi-tabling is easier on sites that deal fewer hands per table-hour than Ultimate Bet.

[ QUOTE ]

If any of you are smartasses like me, I fully expect the obligatory Tilt "time to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves" post.

[/ QUOTE ]
Quite the reverse. I recommend that you stay in the kiddie pool until you have a much better track record.

Poker is full of losing players who think they are good, that every winning session reflects their skill, and every losing session is just a matter of bad beats.