View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: You are Spreading a LIE which makes you a _____?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that he believes that aborting black babies would lower crime. He clearly stated this belief. He feels morally repulsed by the notion, but he believes that it would in fact lower crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are aware that any rational predictor has to conclude that his statement is objectively true, correct? I will go on the record as believing that aborting all black babies would lower crime. I believe the same about aborting all poor babies. Both are evil.

Do you agree with me and Mr. Bennett, or are you irrational (or possibly ill-informed about statistics and their application)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok.

But once again, why bring race into the equation if you are talking about poverty?

He gives the impression that aborting black babies would lower crime because black people commit more crimes because they are black and not because they are more likely to be poor.

You could say that more blacks are poor, so more poor would be aborted, so black abortions disproportionally favor poor abortions and would lead to less crime. But a far more accurate way to make this point would be to say "aborting poor babies would lower crime."

Why bring up blacks unless you believe that being black means you will commit more crimes, regardless of your economic situation?