View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: <---------------> . . . <______>

I like what people are saying here so far.

To be concise the only things I have to add are:

1. As long as you are betting enough to make it a bad call for the villian you are playing the hand correctly.

2. If you know he will not call a bet unless he hits the straight, why not c/call or c/r (mentioned in an early post) the river. (If you know EXACTLY what draw he has the decision of c/call vs. c/r becomes much easier). Give him a shot to take a stab at a healthy pot on the river if he misses, and possibly save yourself some money if he hits (and you know he has hit).

The fact of the matter is, is that these draws are going to hit, and the hard part of this situation (that hasn't really been addressed) is how to maximize profit when they don't hit while minimizing losses when they do hit. This will take the ability of you to know what cards complete their draw, and this can be tricky.

Leading out the flop/turn as to give an OESD -ev odds to call then check/calling, check/raising, or check/folding the river (depending on what hits on the river, and if you think he has hit his straight or is bluffing) I think is the best plan.

This post wasn't as short as I was planning...