View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Operation Extraction: Flop 2nd Set on AXX

Sorry about bumping this, I completely forgot I had started this. Oops.

Anyway, I felt like if he didn't have anything, then any bet is going to take it down. So I decided to assume as if he was on a big hand.

Pot is 800 and I decide that a bet of of 250-300 is too obvious if he raises and I call, so I put in half-pot and 400 chips.

He obviously was a little confused by this and after a bit decided to just call.

Turn was a brick and with pot at 1600 I decide that I might as well continue to represent the weak ace that is trying to take it down and I fire 900. He thinks and calls. At this point I've decided he doesn't have AK/AQ/2pair.

River blank I bet 900 again, he calls and turns up KK.

I feel like I played this hand about as well as possible as obviously he didn't believe I had the ace and he would likely have been raising with any Ace there if he is willing to call down with KK. At the same time I was able to make a good value bet on the river as once he simply called the turn as well I knew he was either holding AA or far more likely TT-KK and was unsure of my hand.

Interesting that my line flies in the face of the suggestions posted here (and my usual line).