View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 11:38 PM

Default How do I buy a car?

My jeep just blew up, and I know jack and [censored] about cars, so I'm just gonna give you guys as much information as I can, and hopefully I'll get some good advice.

It's not worth repairing the jeep.

I've got about $5000 cash on hand that I can spend on the car. I play poker for a living, so I'd kinda like to avoid monthly payments, but it's not a big deal if I get them -- I'm already living in an apartment and paying my monthly bills with my poker winnings.

I don't know if I should be leasing or buying. Generally, what are the pros and cons of each?

I have no idea what model I should be getting. I've been eyeing Hyundai and Toyota just becuase I hear they last for a long time, but that's about as much as I know.

I don't know if I should be buying used or new.

I really don't know anything. I'm dumb when it comes to cars. Someone plz help. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

edit: Function is much more important to me than form. It'd be nice if the thing looked nice, but I'm not gonna pay extra to make it look that way. I want something that I can depend on, and if I'm buying, something that will last a while with minimal headache.