View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Party 20/40 weak pair Aces vs LAG\'s turn checkraise

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the flop is much better than checkraising it and building a big pot/eliminating no one. Plus, if your opponent has a big ace you set him up to be able to extract the most from you by raising the turn. Betting the flop makes hand easier to play also bc if LP has a big ace he will probably still raise right off with the SB involved. And he might also raise with something like JJ looking for a walk so turn goes check-check, river gets you paid in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your comments, Jeff. I can see how betting out can work better in some situations. In this case I do make it hard for myself with the checkraise to get away for anything less than 2 BB if I'm beaten ... though I admit that I sometimes have trouble throwing away top pair aces unless it comes to me 2 bets. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] In this case my checkraise did eliminate the LP after inducing a bet from him ... when you are ahead of both you tend to get more out of them with the checkraise, no?

Is check/calling the flop a viable line ... the LP auto bets, I see the SB call it, I should be thinking right there that I'm probably behind or possibly splitting with another weak ace. Q comes the turn, SB either bets out or goes for the check raise, which likely misses if I'm not driving the betting the way I did. Hmm, weak aces are a pain.