View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Dan Harrington is the SHIZNIT!!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about that one Jordan. Granted, becoming a chess grandmaster is probably more difficult, but if you managed to be completely secure for life financially just through playing a card game, I think you have every right to be a just as egotistical.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I meant more along the lines of "if there weren't luck involved, I'd win every one" or the ESPN interviews where the guys at the final table say silly things like "I'm going to win this bracelet today" or "second place is unacceptable" - if I didn't know any poker players or chess players, I would think it far more likely that "second place is unacceptable" would come out of a chess player's mouth than a poker player's.

But statements like "I'm great at poker because I have a 1.2BB/100 winrate at the $2,000/$4,000 game at the Bellagio over 300,000 hands" aren't egotistical - I was referring more to the statements that some poker players make that satiate their ego at the expense of their sounding at all knowledgeable about their occupation, like "today I'm going to win" or "I just cannot possibly play any better" or some such.