Thread: 10-10 UTG
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Hand analysis....

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, terrible post.

Explain why? I made the continuation bet as I should in this situation (I would with all flops with just one overcard).

A guy for which I have really only seen play solid poker reraises me here, I still have more than 14 BBs to play with. Only if I know he knows that I've been playing super aggressive or something will I call this type of raise regularly.

It's sort of close I guess, but to just say that it's a horrid fold is not helpful. What kind of hands do you see the CO risking over half of his stack with here?

Resistance is not futile in this situation.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you get raised by 99 and 88 here, possibly even an underpair (on the theory that "the raiser probably has AK"), and by flush draws. Occasionally, we'll use Harrington's 10% figure, he will have complete air, figuring he can probably blow you off big cards.

Now, to know if it's a fold, you'd have to assign some percentages to those hands I just named, versus the chance that he has a jack or better, and compare the result to your pot odds. I don't know the answer. Normally, I'd say that getting only a jack as an overcard, with only 2 opponents seeing the flop, is a pretty nice flop and I'd be prepared to play it strongly. But I don't know that it's a "terrible" fold.