View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Putting myself in a tough spot

Bay 101 40-80 from a couple weeks ago. My first hand I posted in the CO, fastplayed a draw and had a bluff picked off on the river by an underfull when the board double-paired. UTG+1 in this hand is new to me and this is all he's seen from me. There's also been a lot of talk about me stealing people's blinds although I haven't yet. Since I don't know UTG+1 I assume he's probably not that great, in the way that most California 40-80 players aren't great.

Anyway, UTG+1 raises. MP is a donk and does what donks do, calls. I 3-bet with QQ from the SB. Both call.

Flop is K66 rainbow. I bet. UTG+1 raises. Donk folds, I 3-bet. UTG+1 calls. At this point I figured he would've waited until the turn to jack me with either a K or a 6. I'm pretty much showdown-bound.

Turn: 9. I check. UTG+1 bets. I call. Way ahead/way behind, I decide to let him take a stab here if he wants to. No point in check-raising.

River: A. I bet. UTG+1 raises. I fold. I figured if he had a pp he would check behind, but call if I bet. If he has a K he may still bet the river and I'm going to call. The raise caught me off guard, though.