View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Any lessons to share at 2/4?

[ QUOTE ]
So for 2/4 full - do you start inducing bluffs with check/call lines (OOP presumably)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this line is part of an overall more passive strategy. More calling down on the flop and turn when you have a strong hand against some players. Other WA/WB lines. Think more about draws and how everyone else in the pot affects your action, etc. Note that there are still players against whom you should play aggressively. But not against standard 40/0/0 2/4 dude.

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside - did you jump from 1/2 6 max to 3/6 6 max or did you go to 2/4 6 max at pokerstars or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

.5/1 --> 1/2 --> 1/2 short --> 2/4 --> 3/6 short.

I played the 2/4 tables short-handed. The tables are tons better that way. More laggish players, more terrible players, and less 2+2 players. I would wager that >75% of my hands at 2/4 were <6 handed.

[ QUOTE ]
I find I do pretty well in 6 max because I can and enjoy reading my opponents better (I 2 table at most when playing 6 max)... or it could be near-term luck..

[/ QUOTE ]

Play the short handed 2/4 tables.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the same winning style at 1/2 6 max work at 3/6 6 max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um yes and no. The players at 3/6 short are better than 1/2 short opponents, but also a lot worse in some respects. I dunno how to explain it. But for the most part, your overall strategy isn't affected too much.

John