View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Hand analysis....

[ QUOTE ]

Blinds 100/200/a25

Hero has 5700
MP2 has ~4500
CO hs ~7100

Cutoff hasn't been out of line. He's been calling in late position with low pocket pairs, hit a set twice and slowplayed them into big pots at the river.

MP2 hasn't done anything spectacular. Recently doubled up with AKs when he reraised all-in against UTG=2 raiser who had KK.

Anyway, the hand....

Hero has 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG. (Not suited)

Hero raises to 600. MP2 calls. CO calls.

Flop (T2325): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Looks like a pretty safe flop for me, but am weary of the Jack.

How do we play from here?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

So I actually did lead exactly 1600.

MP2 folds, and the CO raises to 4000, obviously letting me know he is committed to the hand. He would've slow played a seven based on my read.

So now I have 3500 behind, and it's 2400 more to me. So if I continue with the hand my tourney is on the line. If I fold, I just spewed 2/5 of my stack.

I put him either on high hearts or a Jack, and folded.

My thread isn't about one hand at all. I've just looked at my hand histories, and have seen that 10-10 is a loser UTG for me. Sure I've only had it UTG 37 times in my limited experience, but it's been a big loser.

If my raise is called here I'm OOP and don't like many flops. Underflops are good and might win some pots, but it seems with 10-10 OOP I lose big pots and win smaller ones.

Anyway, those are my thoughts but fmurt makes a good point that at this stage of the tourney I don't have tons of room to work with post flop.

Brad