View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Help me pick a speech topic

I was a TA in a speech class once... (i DO know what i'm talking aboput for once!)

here:

A speech will always be superior if it's about soething you know and love, vs about something you pick because you think OTHERS will find it intresting- an audience will generally, if the speaker is good, be exactly as involved in the subject matter as the speaker is.

so why not poker or some other form of gamboooooooooling?

-how to play texas holdem in 6 easy minutes... edit: better name for the speech: "how to beat the crap out of your buddies in your NL holdem home games" (people will pay attention to this one, and i'm sure you can come up with a way to pack enough info into a short time to seriously improve the skills of a bunch of amatures)
-you can't beat the table games, and i can prove it; just say NO to martingale and other betting systems... (this one's got big potential for some subtle humor)
-somthing like that... i don't know what your other intrests are. a usefull, but uncommon skill is always good, the best grade in that particular class's informative speech went to a dude that explained how to properly wrap a gift with common 'found' materials. it was actually really cool to learn that.

oh, and if you can, bring props. props are a big grade-booster in speech classes.

one more thing.. if you use one of these topics, i'd be happy to edit that mother for you if you'd like. i actually kinda miss editing stuff. (I will get you an 'A' or your money back!) PM me!