View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Is this enough to put you on tilt? (Long, whiny, but fun)

TlR - I whine about a brutal session that we have all had. There is a real question near the end.

Ok first off just you so know I am absolutely crazy after my session tonight, becuase I completely convinced that Absolute poker hates me, my family, my pets, and probably at this very moment is plotting to burn my house to ground and find out where my grandparents are buried so they can descrate their memories.

I start off my session posting in CO. Dealt AKo. I raise on BB calls. Flop is 663. Check. I raise. BB check-raises me. I 3-bet. he caps. I fold. He shows T7o.

Allright so this guy is a donk and boy does he like to table chatter. Apparently him and another guy on the table are racing to see who can get to $150 first (1/2 table), both are sitting at about a hundred now.

Dont play a hand for 15 hands. Get dealt ATs in EP. I raise. Donk raises from MP. Again hes got the T7, but this time is suited and this time he nails a nine on the river to straighten him up to beat my Aces.

Ok no problem. fishy nails me twice, been done before.

5 hands later, after another whiffed AKo.

AA in the MP2. Folded to me. I raise. Button, CO, and Donk in SB call. Flop is 725 rainbow. Checked to me. I bet. CO folds. Button check-raises with only 4.5 BB left in his stack. Donk folds. I call and go with the check raise on the turn T (full rainbow now). River is a 6 and of course Button tables his pair of sixes.

D'oh. Oh well aces get cracked occasionally. 96% to win means you gotta lose 4% of the time, plus Absolute has a deal where you get $10 for aces cracked. Oh wait used that bonus already the other day when they were cracked by, how ironic, 66 on a runner runner straight.

2 hands later!
Hero is MP1 with KK. Yes! Didnt get mad the aces were cracked and this is my reward right? 1 caller to me. I raise. MP2 (donk2 in race to 150) 3-bets. Folded back to UTG who limp caps. Flop is Q58. Betting is capped. Turn is T. Betting is capped. River is 8. Betting is capped. Donk2 tables his Queens. UTG shows his Aces. I out the full 12 BB for that hand.

WHOAH!
SLOW DOWN!!
What just happend. I just lost Aces and Kings in a three hand span and am down 25BB and Donk1 is constantly chirping about whatever. I gotta reload! I hate reloading and think I have done it only once in 50k hands!

Tilt time?? 89o in UTG+1 - Fold. Q3o UTG - fold. 84o in BB facing a raise - Fold. Ok so I suck at tilting.

Now in the SB with Q7s. 2 callers and I will complete. BB checks the option. Flop is a nice Q7J. I bet out get two callers. Turn brings the Ace. I bet out. 1 call, 1 raise. Hmm could this guy really have the AJ? Of course he can becuase its piss on Kiemo day at Absolute.

But wait. The light is shining on me. One hand passes and I dealth QQ in CO (Even though I am tilting I fold K9o on the button). Surely I will get 1-2 callers and a nice bloated pot? Nope folded to me. I raise. Donk2 on button folds. Mr SuckoutSixes calls and Donk1 calls. Flop is T36r and I start trying to figure out what crap I am losing to on this, T6o, J9o, pocket fives. SB checks. BB bets. I raise. They both fold. I drag in the 2bb win, whooppe. Ahh but I didnt lose and I play the hand right. Well maybe, I might have been able to get a BB out of Donk1 had I called and hit him on the turn, but forget that I have got sucked out enough.

Another hand passes and I get AKs in MP2. ohh another chance to get a nice bloated pot going, but again folded to me. I raise, get a call from BB. Not suprinsgly the flop is no help to me, but BB is weak so when he checks I bluff bet. He calls, same on turn as flop and this time he folds. Another HUGE 2.5bb back to my stack and my chance for tilt is slowly ebbing away into a crap happens attitude.

Ok I won a few hands. Not much but its a start. Tilt period is over, even though it never began and 2 hands later I look down at JJ UTG.

I raise. Folded to Donk1 and he 3-bets as he mentions how he needs to catch up to Donk2 becuase he is at 120 only and Donk1 is nearing 150. Folded back to me, I cap. Just us two to the flop of T75. I raise he calls. Oh blooey. Hes got AJ. I raise the whole way and he drags the pot on the rivered Ace.

OK STOP THE F-ING TRAIN. I am down 32BB! I have never once been down 30BB. My previous worst session (coincedentally, I think not) was the just the other night at Absolute where I was down 21BB at my worst).

Now this isnt becuase I am great player or anything. Its mostly becuase I typically keep my sessions to under an hour and its hard to lose that much in an hour with tight play.

But seriously -32BB on one table is huge for me. Probably akin to a much larger number to others who play many more hands and longer sessions then me.

So all this whining boils down to this question. When you are in a rut like this on a specific table, is it time to leave even if you arent on tilt?

I was doing fine on another table and didnt think my emotions were out of control (that happend later when I pretty much got garbage for 30 hands, so I just closed the table from mid position, cashed out and uninstalled the software, screw the remaining $30 in bonus money, I will take my $13 I made over 1500 hands and go gently into the night) and the table was pretty juicy. Donk1 was 38/19 and like to bluff with weak pairs. Donk2 was 35/7 and only bet with at least a pair. SuitedSixes was 50/7. 2 other tight players and another 30%+ player made the table seem very ideal, but obviously ideal on paper dont work when you are stuck with a flat tire and no spare in Suck Out City.

(And to rub salt in the wound. Decided to let off some steam in a PS turbo NL tourney. Lost most of my stack with two pair from the blind to a runner runner 63o straight, which he didnt play from the blind)