View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: I favour a small efficient government

I can see the need for weapons to fight the upcoming revolution but certain guns are ridiculous. Semi-auto pistols can beas deadly in a crowded city as a suicide bomber. The fact of the matter is that loose gun restrictions allows for easily concelled hand guns to fuel violence and cause accidents.

While rifles and smaller weapons could be useful in a fight for freedom, snub nose revolvers with ranges measured in tens of feet instead of yards are not at all practical. Unless you are planning to rob a store, or mug someone, or take out a rival gang memember, all of which can be acomplished with such a weapon. However i wouldnt take my chances agianst a professional army with only a plam sized pistol.

Gun nuts are always flaunting theneed for guns to ensure our security. However I have never once seen one of these people use their guns to protect much of anything. Further more what happens when these armed citizens get the wrong ideas. Where were these 'freedom' loving gun owners in the 1960's during the race riots and civil rights movement, oh yeah they were standing behind the police, trampling others rigths with their death machines.