View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Huuuge River Overbet

[ QUOTE ]
in my experience when a donk overbets he has the nuts or close to it, so i vote fold. my guess is a slowplayed J that filled up at some point that just knows u will think he is bluffing... the only thing that makes this a little tougher is that both draws made it on the river and u are ahead of a large range of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the competing lines of thought running through my head when he bet. Was he value-betting a FH, or did he just river a smaller flush or an improbable straight?

He hadn't made bets like that, at least that I've seen, without having a good hand. And he's been respecting the flush when it hits, etc.

The problem was that I think he may have viewed me as someone he could push around. And he very well could have just had a bare J, or made the straight, or had been on a flush draw himself.

I thought he would have been a bit more aggressive with just a J on the flop, so I had to discount that quite a bit, so having a J that just filled up actually seemed to be less likely than either having flopped a FH, or hitting his 33 or 22, or rivering a flush.