View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Sklansky

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure David and Mason both advocate playing the A8 flop and turn this same way a vast majority of the time. Obviously when David has kings the hand plays itself for him but what about when he has 77 or AK or KQ or whatever else on this board and the turn? I guess if us "young soon-to-be-broke whipper snappers" are playing all those types of hands that way (the pairs and the draws) he's in a much trickier spot. Unless you're saying DS only has a huge PP there, which if that is the case, then HE becomes very easy to play against. And sure, the guys who keep on firing and don't ever adjust are going to go broke. But there's also some of us with a brain on our heads and are capable of adjusting and playing different styles and understanding what people think of us, so please, save the pot-shots for WPT forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key to my post is THIS GAME. Meaning exactly, the 80/160 game at Bellagio. It doesnt play like the 30/60, it doesnt play like 200-400 or 300-600 when that is goin. After 20 years in poker I have seen them come n go more than once.

If one cannot see the +1 1/2 bets gained in this hand(my mistake in orginal stating 1 bet) played exactly as DS did, compared to what others were suggesting, I cant help that.

You are exactly correct in being able to make adjustments to DS's play for your own future confrontations with him. The thing is I see the same young kids I spoke of before NOT making these adjustments in THIS GAME. It isnt a pot shot...it's a fact. Maybe an eye opener for a select few. Super AGGRO does not always take the money. And DS and many others know exactly how to break those type. I've paid my bills off them many times over.

In the last 2 years poker in live games is ten times more aggressive thanks to WPT/WSOP television. Swings are higher for the old LV types but most adjust and remember the constant aggression of California games for the last 15 years. Hence ways in which TA was villified a year ago for playing become +ev much more clearly.

I have no doubt in my mind that if DS raises the turn Schneids is gone from this hand in particular. And DS will muck more often with the hands you state when schneids has him beat. Also if Schneids check raises the flop as is MOST OFTEN done with this exact hand he has in this EXACT GAME, and DS 3 bets, schneids is gone. But if Schneids CR's and DS smooth calls with the over pair he now makes 1 1/2 bets more netting approximately 9 bets MORE per 10 times played.

I hope I didnt screw up the way I wrote it.

Mason and I were talking very recently in fact about the over aggressive nature of this game and most HE games today in fact. This over aggressiveness is fully 80% of the time from those "youngsters"(anything under 25 easily qualifies, tho I sometimes suggest 30). It's a very simple fact, time at the tables.

Dont believe me? Go play 2-5 NL for 8 hrs a day for a week at Bellagio. Then go play the 10-20 NL...two completely different worlds. One is Gambling, one is a NL game. Avg age difference at the table? easily 10+ years avg difference.