Thread: PLO8 quiz
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: PLO8 quiz

Yeah I forgot to comment on his flop play, mostly because I was too busy reminding myself to post that I would fold preflop.

Depending on the flop bet, with a 400 stack, I would think folding a good idea, but I think it would be really really really hard for him to do it given what he may see as some stealing attempts from player 1. If he has only 200, then any call pretty much ties him to the pot, he is probably better off just pushing the flop than flat calling and evaluating the turn.

He's got to know that his straight is extremely vulnerable, and that his flush cards blow, but he is heads up against what could be seen as a generic positional raise. If I just woke up on the flop and this hand was on my screen and I started with 400, I would probably fold if it was potted to me and pot a smaller bet, folding to a reraise. If I had started with 200, I would probably fold the flop regardless. You're not doing so well against a range of hands that seems reasonable and you don't have much of a stack to represent a better hand on the turn/river and have any FE, so folding seems better.