View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: When tilt is good.....

[ QUOTE ]
Points 3 and 5 listed so far are the only valid points. The other points are simply why its good to recognize tilt, which in itself is a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll accept that view has validity. Personally, I would
rephrase #5 so that there are no unethical implications.

[ QUOTE ]
In the way you describe point 3, you leave it open as to whether or not your possibly incorrect play enhanced your ability to play aggressively. This is dependent on you properly taking advantage of the information earned from this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lessons learned are valuable regardless of the source. The actual source and the amount learned, are actually unimportant regtarding the thesis. I would not contend that it is correct to go on tilt in order to learn. It is correct to take advantage of learning opportunities when they present themselves.

FWIW, this particular lesson was not trivial. Given a HH and a history of my play would make that clear to you. On the other hand, it's impact on my profitability will be limited until I play in more games where that type of move is more appropriate. So, neither chicken nor feathers. Perhaps an egg. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
[ QUOTE ]

In any case, I think we are simply arguing semantics. I agree that it's important to recognize when you are on tilt and make the appropriate changes. FWIW, I've seen players go on tilt for weeks at a time and not be able to recognize it. This was not good for them... but it was great for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonderful! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Semantics aside, I want to underline that it is learning opportunities that need to be recognized. Not that tilt is better, worse or somehow special.

In fact, the entire game is a learning opportunity. Most people seem to have a problem recognizing that. By pointing
out the opportunity when you are "not in your right mind" it should be more obvious that other situations have untapped value as well.

-mosquito