View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: $55: Mystified. Do donks still do this in the 55\'s?

In response to the plethora of posts after my last one...

I think with starting stacks of 1k, having 800 when blinds reach 25/50 isn't really the best situation to be in. It's not horrible or anything, but I'd MUCH rather have t1800 to play with. You can do things this forum hates, like see flops and such.

For me, and I know I'm going against the majority here, but it actually isn't a simple of question of math. I never said that I put villain on a range any different than anyone else did. That's why I keep repeating that you do have the odds to call. I just said that I don't call every single time that I have the odds to.

In a cash game, this would lose you money. In tournament play, it doesn't necessarily lose you money because you might can get chips in a less risky way than taking coinflips early for huge pots. If you think this is your best chance to build a stack, then call. If you think you can build a stack by other means, then folding becomes a more viable option.

I really don't think there's a "right" or "wrong" way to play this hand. I won't ever hate any call that anyone makes if they're given proper odds. When the odds are just slightly in someone's favor, I might not like the call as much as folding though. That's all I was saying. Sorry that it got everyone so riled up.

Edit: And I'll edit to say that this idea might be more useful in MTT's where you have more time to accumulate chips than you do in a SNG. Which is why I like folding with a larger stack more. Because a larger stack bides you more time to build a stack without pre-flop pushing.